Bex Burton guides you through warm up techniques appropriate for flow artists, and introduces functional strength and stretch techniques to address common injuries and low-level chronic pain resulting from our zealous passion for Flow Dance.
- Define “warm up” and discuss the fundamentals of what makes a good warm up
- Learn full body exercises that address fundamentals of warming up as well as specifics needs of one’s particular flow practice (hoop, poi, staff, fans etc.)
- Learn basic postural muscular activation and breathing techniques to promote a strong center and fluid extremities
- Pinpoint repetitive patterns found in flow arts and discuss the anatomy and biomechanics of these movements
- Learn exercises to strengthen elongated, overstretched muscles developed from flow patterns
- Explore active and passive stretch and massage of shortened, tight muscles developed from flow patterns
“Sense of Motion,” is the conscious and active awareness of the body in motion and at rest. Sense of Motion draws on dance, Pilates and Thai Massage principles to support correct alignment and proper movement patterns of the spine and major joints. This focus builds functional strength, injury prevention, alleviation of low-level chronic pain, and correction of muscular imbalance due to poor movement patterns and over use.
This is an interactive workshop where Flow Dancers are encouraged to attend with their movement questions, their painful situations, or simply an open curiosity of how better to promote the longevity of healthy Flow. By incorporating SOM techniques, we have the potential to increase efficiency, ease of improvisation, and physical benefits of Flow Movement, and support and sustain one’s Flow practice.
Bex Burton is not a doctor. ? If you have severe chronic pain or other related injuries, past or present, please consult a doctor prior to attending the workshop.
Things to bring:
- A yoga mat or blanket
- Your flow prop of choice (or pain)
- Questions regarding specific movements, postures, alignment etc.
- An open mind!
Fill out this form to complete your registration.
Payment Via Paypal: $35 to email@example.com (label “Personal/ Gift”)
$40 cash day of